RSS FEED

Info…

Posted in
Here's not a bio; only a brief background for those interested in (if there's any). 

Taking cover under the '4heaven' guise there is Almerindo Lana - that's my real-world name. The chemical engineering takes the most part of my time, but it doesn't forbid me to do other things I love such as photography, astronomy, meditation, sports and... music. And that's for this particular thing you've dropped here, isn't it? 

Music has been playing an important role in my whole personality since my early days. When just a child - around my 5 years - I got in contact with electronic music; since then this passion grows on every day. I remember the long hours I use to spend listening to some 90s dance music tapes my father used to (accidentally) buy. That fast paced, synthetic melody driven sound found a place in my heart. 

As I was growing old, things were 'evolving'. Thanks the internet I could start guiding myself through the music scene, taking ways by my own. Finding good music isn't easy as it seems - specially in this world where musical productivity has rose to an almost uncountable number. But fortunately I have been stumbling upon wonderful pieces of music since I started my journey... And around 2009 I decided I should help other people to find them too. 

I had a need of sharing the music I love as I knew it was unknown to the most people. As an admirer of the disc jockeying art, I decided to start making my own mixes. It took me a while to understand the basics (I was doing it by my own, almost trying-and-testing) until I could put out something decent. Now I quite admit I'm extremely far from being a professional at mixing, but I reached a level that suits my needs, at least. :-) 

Then 4heaven was born, 4 years ago... and counting. Although the idea of this name came out of the blue on a saturday afternoon, its meanings goes a little bit further than the obvious one (promise to explain it later?). 

My first mixes were always conceived to deliver and promote my favorite tracks according to some main ideas/specific themes. But I could never help adding subjective/personal touches to the entire mixture. 

I always tried to do more than just putting a selected list of tracks together in a row. I felt I should do something somehow different of what all the others were doing, something that I could really call mine. And this feeling never stopped to grow up... 

Now the things were turn a little bit around. I do not make mixes only 'for the sake of sharing good music' anymore (well, I still think it's a worthy thing to do). I basically make them to express myself - the music sharing still happens, but it's not the main goal now. 

I'm not good with words (specially when it comes to english, as you may notice). Perhaps that's why I've found some workarounds like photography and music - I'm more into handling pictures and sounds. So in every single set I create now there are messages within the frames, written with digital audio signals. Some of these messages are story-telling, some are pictures of my state of mind, some are portraits of my very personal feelings, and some are just whispers spoken to the nothingness. Covering the sound there are artworks I create to  complete the atmosphere. 

My inspirations come both from the outer universe - the environment surrounding me, from the faraway constellations to the air I breathe - and the inner universe - I mean, my mind. Not that I think they're two separated worlds, because in fact one is continuously modelling the other, and they actually fuse in my soul. But as a silent tree observer, even a leaf falling to the ground can be source of huge inspirations. 

But back to the business, the music I listen to covers a large range in the electronic music. From the laminar flow of a Carbon Based Lifeforms' drone ambient to the turbulent psychedelia of MWNN; from the soothing atmosphere of Chicane's proggy trance to the pragmatic dryness of berghain techno. From the naïve simplicity of Two Bicycles laid-down chords to the dramatic intricacy of Aphex Twin jams. Thanks God electronic music is a vast universe that I can't completely cope with. 

So defining the kind of music I like it's quite hard; I'd say, I like every piece of music that has a friendly soul to me. But I can't deny my biggest passion is trance music, it was what brought me to all of the other styles, my first love and my everlasting one [please, I mean the real trance music, not the terrible crap some call 'trance' nowadays. If you're in the business you know what I'm saying, but if you aren't - well, don't worry about that. 

I think that now you have some good clue of me and my work. I'm always trying to improve myself at any points, so if you have suggestions, opinions, I'm wide open to hear them. You can drop comments on any post (including this), mailing me or finding me at facebook (facebook.com/4heavenmusic).  

You are welcome ;-) 

Almerindo Lana aka 4heaven

38 comentários:

Adam Skhutt said...

congrats, excellent blog! keep it up ;)

Murloc said...

nice blog!

Pawell said...

thanks for keep sharing masterpieces with us...
pozdro!

Unknown said...

otimo!

Andreas K. said...

addikted :D

Tavin [TB] said...

excelente!!! abraços!

aeroverland said...

excellent words to define how you feel to enjoy trance music, I'm glad to know that there are people like you who are willing to share the good. The design of your site is impeccable and that is why newspapers will be visiting your blog and making some comments about the material they share. Of course I know a great friend who is also producer of trance music is your nickname and channel JJOHNSONV8 this on youtube, not if you know but it is wonderful to produce true works of art of trance, and can hopefully take some time to find out . Greetings from Mexico!!

michiel said...

great work!


fantastic visuals & sound

Mark Eteson said...

great as always!
mark eteson

Anonymous said...

great music, but i don't like music all songs together, everything in one file, maybe in future you cuold cut this files?? but very thanks from Poland for this uplifting music

Anonymous said...

hi Lana i'm Karim from youtube.
so i visited this blog a few weeks ago but i haven't posted a comment, now i will do :
firstly the look is very nice, because i love the blu too.
secondly thanks for the shares.
finally i would say , what ever people say about this kind of music or the way you arrange it , dont matter cause you doing it right.and for those whom want the single files can go on the net and download them , here you can find only special Chef-d'œuvres of mixed sets of trance music.
keep the good work up.
xoxo Karim

Almerindo Lana said...

Thank you very much, guys!
I'm really glad to read these comments :)
Stay tunned!!!

Murloc said...

@anonymous there always is the full tracklist, you can just go and download the songs you like.

This is not a music warez site, it's the website of a musician that posts [u]his[/u] works :)

Ömer Zahit said...

I'm really impressed how you do such a great work, and don't earn any money with it. I wanna thank you s much for this, because of your sets I've discovered a lot of tunes, and now I love trance more :) THANK YOU, ALMERINDO!

Jaarbeus159 said...

´thanks a lot for this music!

Anonymous said...

=)

Anonymous said...

hello my friend
it's me again KARIM i want to ask you if you have a facebook or myspace account where to keep in touch again, i've told you that i was cup off youtube defenitly !this is a mail adresse where you can contact me :mallaraha@hotmail.com.
byebye see you.

Tony Roty said...

Great, great job.
I have downloaded all of your compilation and I never get enough. I use to listen trance music everywhere... at home, in my car, at work...
Keek up the good work.

Anonymous said...

minino vai varre o quintal, minino vai varre a frente... ahauahauah xD

Samuel Portero said...

Such a great work, thanks a lot, mate.
Samuel

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic... Vivat Trance! Greeting from Slovakia...
Jan

Anthon said...

this new layout is great!!!

Tony Roty said...

Hey, The Lasting Sound is awesome. Great special trance music compilation. From all this is I like most.
Trance for ever from Romania.

Juan said...

Who are you?

The guy who made me get into trance world.

Thanks for showing me this great kind of music!!!

Regards from Guatemala!

Juan H.

Unknown said...

That is true man, for the first time you are the first person that describe what I feel when I listeng trance music, isn't just that is a conection that touch your soul, congratulations trance forever and ever, the best music around the world!!!!

Regards from Colombia

Eduardo P.

Lonely Walker said...

So just listen, and let your senses flow with the sound… ;-) And important: without any drugs. Drugs are only for weak and dumbass people.

this is sooo true my friend!!! i get 'drunk' and 'high' just listening to this kind of music!! after all music is 'our' drug!!
keep it up bro!! well done... :DD

Jan der Biehr said...

greetings from belgium!

ArGaN'Z said...

Hey MaN'z
GreEtZ from AfriKa

ArGaNZ

Anonymous said...

Hi,good effort and nice music.It is sad to there you that in Singapore,the market for epic trance is so small that it doesn't exist at all.We have Tiesto over in Dec 2010 however I was never a fan.Hard trance ain't my poison

Anonymous said...

Funny that the above poster is in Singapore, because that's where I am too.

Completely agree that trance music is still widely shunned by the masses.... though I am excited bout Tiesto heading down this year for ZoukOut ^_^

Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous,I am sad to tell you that though this is Zouk Out's 10th year.I have attended none. However I have heard that last year Armin's set was great and there ain't many trance heads around.It is actually a big disgrace and laughing stock to our local jocks @ Zouk.Guetta is doing warm up for Tiesto.Why not a resident @ Zouk?Are are they just not good enough?The truth is if I am a Zouk Jock I would tender my resignation immediately.It is Zouk night's out,we are the residents,its our party,who cares if Tiesto is coming or not?

Anonymous said...

Hi Almerindo
I am very fan of your work I love your music congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful :X

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the music you put here!

Anonymous said...

GREAAAAAT...

RTAE86 said...

Excelente trabalho!!! Grande amor ao Trance. Excelentes set's sem qualquer dúvida!! Adoro princilmente o VII (mas parece-me que ainda não está cá no blog). Sou também grande fã dos videoclips presentes no Youtube, especialmente o de ATB - My Everything! :)

Continua com o bom trabalho!!

Saudações dos Açores, Portugal :D

Anonymous said...

Just listening first time to your compilation, The Night Daydream and it sounds great! Keep up the good work and i intend to check out the Above and Beyond mix. Cheers!

9fierce9 said...

Almerindo, thank you so much for mixing and sharing you brilliant taste is music. I have downloaded many of your mixes, the DeArgon Way is my favorite, but I love them all. I understand how you feel about the music you love, as I too am a DJ. right now I live in Italy, as I work for the US Military, but before this, I lived in California, where I DJ'd in San Francisco as well as other cities in California. You are one of the best djs I have ever listened to, and I want to thank you!

Post a Comment